You will be sent a link to a Discord server for recording.
Follow the instructions within the link to create a new Discord account or sign in with an existing account.
It is strongly recommended that you use the Discord app. You can download the app here.
Once Discord has loaded, click on the "Recording" voice channel on the left sidebar to join.
Enable your webcam if you have one, and use headphones if you have them.
Recording commences when our recording bot (Craig) joins the channel. You will hear an audible warning when recording has begun.
Anything you broadcast through the voice channel after this point may be included in the final edit.By connecting to or being present in a voice channel while a recording is in progress, you irrevocably agree to the following:
- You consent to the recording and distribution of your voice and any other audio you broadcast through Discord. You also grant Off The Track Media permission to use all audio you broadcast through Discord in any content format, including, but not limited to, podcast and social media posts, and to share this content with partners for any use.
- You acknowledge that Off The Track Media is the sole owner of all rights in and to the podcast, and the recording(s) thereof, and that Off The Track Media has the unfettered right to use, exploit and distribute the podcast, and your performance as embodied therein in any and all media or formats, throughout the world, in perpetuity.
- Off The Track Media is not obligated to use or exploit any of the rights granted or acquired by Off The Track Media, or to make, sell, license, distribute or otherwise exploit the Program or Materials whatsoever.
- You understand and agree that you shall receive no compensation for appearances on and participation in the podcast.
- You hereby release and discharge Off The Track Media from any and all liability arising out of or in connection with the making, producing, reproducing, processing, exhibiting, distributing, publishing, transmitting by any means or otherwise using the above-mentioned production.
- You hereby acknowledge that you are not to use the Off The Track brand or represent yourself as part of Off The Track in any instance without prior approval from the Committee of Off The Track Media Incorporated.
We also request that you record your audio locally.
You can use Audacity or the built in voice recorder in Windows 10 - search for Voice Recorder in the start menu.
Information on uploading your recording is available below.
You grant Off The Track permission to use files you upload in any content format.
The host will give another warning when they are about to begin the introduction to the episode.
In the introduction, the host will read a list of participants on the episode and you will need to respond after your name has been read out.
Points to remember while recording
- If you make a mistake, you can restart your sentence. Your mistake can be edited out.
- Don't worry if you talk over someone else — this can be removed in the final edit. Please keep talking and avoid saying "sorry" as we can isolate each individual's audio separately and edit out overlaps.
- There is no swearing in the podcast. If you swear, the entirety of your sentence will be removed in the edit.
- If you are in a noisy environment, please keep your microphone muted unless you are speaking.
Uploading your recording
Everyone MUST upload their voice recordings to OTT Cloud upon episode completion (including if you are editing the episode). Craig audio also MUST be uploaded in AUP format to OTT Cloud upon episode completion.
You will be provided with a link to upload your files.
The file should be named using the format [Your Name] - [Episode Name].
The preferred audio format is FLAC.